Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Did Jake Burton Kill someone?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 04:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
ThunderChunky
Veteran Member

They're expensive, corporate, and not that good. If you want quality Burton products your paying higher than any other in the market and the quality is still equal to the average of other companies for much less. The main reason I personally refuse to buy from them is because they have shit products and they aren't what snowboarding is about (at least to me). The only Burton stuff I've owned were socks and the heels got holes in them after about five days of riding. They also only care about money. They sponsor people like SW and then treat the real riders like shit. I can't remember who it was, but there was a young kid that was about 18 or so. He was a BC rider and got hurt to the point where he couldn't ride for a season....so what does Burton do. Instead of sticking to there riders they drop him. Companies like Rome, Ride, NS, Libtech, and GNU are the real companies. You can tell a lot about a company by who they sponsor. The only people I respect from Burton are JJ, Terje, KP and Muller. Now unfortunately they got Jackson. Bottom line, they don't care about snowboarding.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote