Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Did Jake Burton Kill someone?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
ThunderChunky
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafta View Post
I don't know if its a 'we all hate burton thing'. Maybe there are a ton of other good products out there as well, and people here (on this particular forum) like researching and finding gear that best suits them.

As mentioned pricing comes into it and sometimes burton seems to be slightly on the expensive-side for a comparable product. For example, someone was posting looking at three jackets (1 burton, 1 ThirtyTwo, 1 Special Blend) all similar prices, the burton was 5k waterproof while the other two were 10k and just generally better products... if they went with the higher spec special blend then burton still got the sale.

Burton also owns Anon, R.E.D, Analog, Forum, Special Blend, Foursquare so they've got a big chunk of the market and certainly ain't missing out on any of the action... correct me if i'm wrong (i'm no expert)
They do own them, it's a shame too. The only one of those companies I buy from is Special Blend, becasue they do make really quality stuff. I feel real shitty when I buy it though.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote