Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: Section Black Label Snowboard Pant
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gnarly
Veteran Member

Default Review: Section Black Label Snowboard Pant

I didn't plan on purchasing these pants, but when they were nearly $200 off at overstock.com, I couldn't resist. 20K waterproofing, 20k breathability (IIRC) & Taped seams...All for $85. Pretty damn good deal if you ask me.

First Impressions:

When I opened the box I was actually slightly disappointed. The outer shell of the pants is so soft that I was pretty sure they would rip into a million pieces the 1st time I crashed and slid on the snow. Other than that concern, my initial impression was good. Lots of pockets, whith zipper and velcro close, and they look pretty damn good, if I do say so myself.

Even though the description said they were supposed to be tighter than normal boarding pants, they fit perfectly when I tried them on. From wearing them around the house, they seemed like they'd have plenty of room to maneuver while busting out park tricks/grabs etc, but not so loose that I was swimming in them. Bottom line is these pants feel great.

2 months later:

Now that I've worn these pants 10+ times this season, they are without a doubt durable. I've crashed way hard on icy slopes and skidded 100's of feet on my knees/ass and these pants still look brand new. They are indeed roomy enough to bust out any trick that I can muster the courage to attempt.

As for the temperature rating, lets just say that I've ridden these pants with nothing but a pair of shorts underneath in 5 degree weather, with a windchill below zero and was toasty warm. I've also ridden them in 40 degree weather a few weeks back and once the leg zippers were opened up, I was just right temp wise.

Summed up:

I honestly haven't found 1 thing I don't like about these pants. They fit great, feel great, perform great and look great. I guess if I really had to nit-pick, if I'm kneeling in the snow for a long time waiting for my riding partners to catch up, sometimes snow sticks to the knees...But like I said, that's being absolutely anal.

Overall 4.9/5
Gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote