Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Terry Thompson Can Rot in Hell.
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 12:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Deviant
Veteran Member

Default Terry Thompson Can Rot in Hell.

Quote:
ZANESVILLE, Ohio – Sheriff's deputies shot nearly 50 lions, tigers and other wild animals and say they've accounted for all but one monkey after the owner of a private farm released dozens of animals from their cages then shot and killed himself.
I love Ohio, the parks, the seasons, the town I live in. Today I'm fucking ashamed to have even traveled through the same city as this fucker. There's nothing I hate more than animal abuse and due to our pathetic laws this guy had 56 animals he shouldn't by common sense sake. Including 18 Bengal Tigers (there's only 1400 or so left on the planet as is) 17 Lions and 3 Leopards. I'm pulling this from different articles because I'm still reading about it myself.

The fucker decided to release the animals, and then blow his own head off. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel bad for his wife either as she's just to blame, but in fact I wish he would've done it years ago. For gods sake if you're going to kill yourself, do it, but leave the animals for the zoo to take so they actually have a chance.

Quote:
Thompson, 62, had had repeated run-ins with the law and his neighbors. Lutz said that the sheriff's office had received numerous complaints since 2004 about animals escaping onto neighbors' property. The sheriff's office also said that Thompson had been charged over the years with animal cruelty, animal neglect and allowing animals to roam.
Quote:
“Tragedy-wise for me,” he added, “[it's] probably the worst thing in 45 years of history of working with animals. … I’ve seen poachers kill in the wild. I’ve seen animals killed right in front of me with their horns cut off. I’ve seen a lot of things happen in my career, but nothing like this have I ever witnessed.”

-Jack Hannah

Quote:
Ohio has no rules regulating the sale and ownership of exotic animals.

Former Gov. Ted Strickland had attempted to enforce such a law, but Gov. John Kasich allowed an executive order to expire in April.

"What had been proposed frankly wasn't workable," said Kasich. "The complications connected to this and as a result we formed a working group."
Thanks for all your hard work...

Last edited by Deviant; 10-20-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote