Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

TRS C2 good board for me?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  duh 
#1 ·
I am an intermediate rider and really looking to get more into the trees this year. Just need a good all around board that can pretty much handle everything. I don't really ever go into the park, but just in case I feel like I need to learn one day it would be nice to have a board that can handle it as well.

I am thinking about picking up a lib tech trs c2, I am wondering if anyone has any complaints about it.

So far the only thing I heard people complaining about is the TNT base. Is it really that bad? Should I steer away from this board because of the TNT base?

#2 ·
You want to snowboard in and or around trees, and might go into the park. That narrows it down to pretty much any board made. The TRS is a good board, the c2btx makes the board easy and quick turning around trees. The riders choice from gnu is similar with a sintered base.

#3 ·
Th TRS sounds great for what you're looking for. Don't get hung up on the TNT base hate, I've put plenty of days on TNT and never had a problem. I work with some guys who always complain about Lib bases being slow and the funny thing is when we get to the flats I'm always out in front.
To correct a popular misconception it should be noted that the TNT base is indeed a Sintered base. When you hear people claiming they are extruded bases that is a lie spread by idiots and Lib haters.

#4 ·
TNT is a extruded with fluorocarbons added in, not sintered. I have a lib with a TNT base and one with a sintered base. One is not noticeably faster then the other, but the sintered is much harder and does not get gouges as easily, but the sintered also drys out much faster and needs a wax after every couple days, and when it is gouged it is harder to repair, ptex candle will not stick.

so pick your choice, TNT, softer but is easy to repair and requires less maintenance, or sintered with gouges less, is harder to repair, and requires more frequent waxing.

I own two libs so i dont think im a lib hater.

#6 ·
I have all mervin boards and none are slow. but I wax almost everytime i go up. When i did a demo day at mt hood meadows all the boards i tried out were slow because they don't wax them often enough that was my biggest complaint about the demo day. all snowboards are slow without wax. get an iron and keep your board waxe. its easy and cheap insurance for a great day at the mountain. I Wax my freinds boards for them so they can keep up.

#7 ·
Dear Walove,
It seems I am finding myself sending you to this link twice in less than a month. snowboard p-tex
Now a few things about that TNT base, which Lib Tech themselves claim is sintered here Lib Tech Snowboards Snowboard Technology

Sintered UHMW Base Material:

Super tough base material that holds wax well due to its compression formed amorphous polymer structure. Super fast when waxed with Oneballjay.

Found On:
ALL Snowboards

The TNT base is a sublimated base, which is why colors pop on their bases. The first article clearly states that extruded bases will NOT stand up to the sublimation process, which backs up Lib Tech's claim that all their boards have sintered bases.

Extruded base will not stand up to the temperatures required for sublimation

A five second search on the googlenet is a good thing, whether you own two Lib's or not!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.