Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone on the inside know what's up with Whiskey Militia and company Canada shipping?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jenzo
Veteran Member

Default Anyone on the inside know what's up with Whiskey Militia and company Canada shipping?

Ok, first of all I am aware that Whiskey Militia and company (Dog Funk, Dept. of Goods, Steep and Cheap) don't ship certain brands to Canada and a shipping receiver/forwarder is needed. This complaint is addressing what they do ship.

I order a ton of stuff from the states because I usually can't find the stuff in my small town.
I am big into cycling and I order from Bike Nashbar and Jenson USA a lot, both these companies offer duty/tax included shipping and are quite reasonable as long as you are ordering a decent amount of items.

However, the duty included shipping option from the former companies is just outrageous now. For instance, a Nike jacket came up on WM. This is the price I was quoted:

UPS Standard (tariff included!) $59.55
UPS Worldwide Expedited $47.80
UPS Worldwide Express $53.54

Are you effing kidding me, $60 to ship a jacket? That's just obscene.

I looked through my order history and I know WM used to ship USPS but that seems to be no longer the case. It is pretty much impossible to order from them now without using a receiver/forwarder.

I don't understand why this is the case when plenty of other big companies have reasonable shipping rates.

I shipped a freakin' bicycle and snowboard to the states for less than they are charging for a jacket!
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote