Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bringing a girl snowboarding for her first time/Best way to keep her from hating it
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #32 (permalink)
firstx1017

My first time on the snowboard part of the video was the day after Thanksgiving 2010. I was only able to take about an hour while trying to learn with all the falls. So about an hour on Saturday morning and an hour Sunday morning, then I would go back to skiing to get my mind off all my falling. We have a cabin up there for the winter so we go up every Friday night and come back Sunday afternoon. I had four days during Xmas and four days during New Years each with about one hour a day. January 9th I got a new women's flat camber board, was using my husband's old board to learn on, and for the month of January I was able to get about 2 hours a day each Saturday and Sunday weekend and the final video was shot 2/5/11. So if you add up all the hours it was probably 5 full days of 8 hour days which if I was in my 20's would probably not been a problem - but at 50 I needed a longer learning curve! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karasene View Post
I agree! That's awesome! You're husband sounds so proud of you too How long did it take you to go from day one till your last follow cam shot?
firstx1017 is offline   Reply With Quote