Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bringing a girl snowboarding for her first time/Best way to keep her from hating it
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
Jenzo
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstx1017 View Post
My first time on the snowboard part of the video was the day after Thanksgiving 2010. I was only able to take about an hour while trying to learn with all the falls. So about an hour on Saturday morning and an hour Sunday morning, then I would go back to skiing to get my mind off all my falling. We have a cabin up there for the winter so we go up every Friday night and come back Sunday afternoon. I had four days during Xmas and four days during New Years each with about one hour a day. January 9th I got a new women's flat camber board, was using my husband's old board to learn on, and for the month of January I was able to get about 2 hours a day each Saturday and Sunday weekend and the final video was shot 2/5/11. So if you add up all the hours it was probably 5 full days of 8 hour days which if I was in my 20's would probably not been a problem - but at 50 I needed a longer learning curve! lol
Eh I wouldn't chalk it up to age, some people just catch on faster, I think that's pretty normal learning curve. You get the people who have no fear of death and on their first day point the board straight down the hill and don't stop until they hit something or fall over, but I wouldn't call that learning faster, lol.
It took my b/f quite a while to get into it due to foot pain, he had never done a snow sport before and the lessons really helped. When I was trying to teach him it was a disaster. All his fault of course
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote