Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - OWS: Justification
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
HoboMaster

I don't have a steady job atm (taking 17 credits) but I would say I live off of less then $8,000 a year right now. It's an interesting lifestyle, you have to have extreme self-discipline because society is constantly trying to tell you being frugal is wrong. I have been marked by several people as "the most frugal person I have ever met". I don't eat out, ever. I don't buy anything that isn't essential to basic survival. I spend less then $150 a month on food. For entertainment I do things that cost nothing or almost nothing - thankfully that coincides with outdoor recreation (once you have gear).

While the fight to take back power/wealth distribution from a ruling class is something I fully support, I still feel like everyone needs a crash-course in conservation and sustainability - and the recession has actually made a lot of people do this. Over-consumption on any level will not be a reality in the long-term future. Having the ability to put the breaks on and live within your means is an important skill everyone should have - but just because people on the lower end of the chain need to reevaluate their lifestyles, doesn't mean those at the top are justified (lewl,Herman Cain).

Last edited by HoboMaster; 10-22-2011 at 12:32 PM.