Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - OWS: Justification
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

I don't have a steady job atm (taking 17 credits) but I would say I live off of less then $8,000 a year right now. It's an interesting lifestyle, you have to have extreme self-discipline because society is constantly trying to tell you being frugal is wrong. I have been marked by several people as "the most frugal person I have ever met". I don't eat out, ever. I don't buy anything that isn't essential to basic survival. I spend less then $150 a month on food. For entertainment I do things that cost nothing or almost nothing - thankfully that coincides with outdoor recreation (once you have gear).

While the fight to take back power/wealth distribution from a ruling class is something I fully support, I still feel like everyone needs a crash-course in conservation and sustainability - and the recession has actually made a lot of people do this. Over-consumption on any level will not be a reality in the long-term future. Having the ability to put the breaks on and live within your means is an important skill everyone should have - but just because people on the lower end of the chain need to reevaluate their lifestyles, doesn't mean those at the top are justified (lewl,Herman Cain).
PowderHound and TreeNinja

Last edited by HoboMaster; 10-22-2011 at 12:32 PM.