Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Did Jake Burton Kill someone?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #86 (permalink)
BurtonAvenger
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karasene View Post

Everyone seems to be afraid of being a sheep but how many people here hate on Burton because of a personal experience. I'm sure not many.
Have to agree with this I have some horror stories of shit that's happened to me with them and their warranty is a lot different from them but whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwbrian View Post
Didn't burton take credit for inventing the snowboard or something like that?

In the article it said
"Carpenter started the company in Londonderry after seeing someone riding a homemade board."

I have never liked Burton products.
Don't like the weird hole pattern forcing you to use their bindings
And forcing binding Manufactures to produce 2 sets of discs so they could mount to burton.
Now they have the sliding thing. I thinking 4 bolts to hold me to the board is stronger but not sure.
Minimum orders.
Buying up good small companies. So now I won't buy anything under the burton Umbrella.
I broke my ankle using the Freestyle boot that was total garbage and Had I had on a good stiff boot I would have been able to ride the rest of the season.
Also The gloves I bought were complete garbage they were no where near waterproof hands were wet within the first hour of riding
No board they make that I could ride will be made in the USA. Not that they made very many in the US anyway.
They have been outsourcing their boards for over 25 years.
Jake tried to patent snowboard and sent bills to other snowboard Manufactures.
They sponsered John Johnson, they must have paid him a Sh!t ton of cash.d

Edit Guess john jackson was already on burton sub company Forum. Wonder if he will be in T rices next movie?

What I did like about them Terje, and they kept Craig Kelly Sponsered, Not sure where the rest of the team riders went.
So you chose the softest boot the company makes and you're pissed you got injured while riding but know you need a stiffer boot? Sounds to me like you can't take accountability to your actions. Then again you just sound like a moron.

Gotta agree with Squeak on points he's making.

FYI all you price hating fear mongers no one is saying buy a Method or Vapor. I'd be content riding a Sherlock, Hero, and Joystick from them which is comparable in price to other brands boards in the same categories. Maybe you should realize they have one of the most diverse lines in snowboarding.

And this is coming from a guy that is definitely not pro Burton by any means.