Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Mammoth/Jackson Hole
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Mr. Polonia
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
I've been checking the mammoth mtn forums, and it's iffy that first week of December from what I gathered.
i remember checking last year around novemberish and saw that whistler and mammoth were top 2 in dumps...they were getting around 4-6" every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasatchMan View Post
my last two trips to mammoth were in mid january (few years back). both times chair 23 wasn't open and the upper part of the mtn. wasn't even covered (daves run, cornice bowl etc) but we still got dumped on. it was the biggest storm I have ever seen, our toyota tundra was literally buried, then had an epic bluebird at june the next day.
im so anxious to pull the trigger because i found a cheap flight from nyc for $500, i laready told my professors that i might be out that entire week....its really a tough call to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Jackson is usually fully open by mid January, barring normal mid-season closings (due to avy danger or whatever).

Jan is also the 2nd best month for snowfall (Jackson, Wyoming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), so it is your best bet for fresh snow and a fully open mountain.
thanks for this Tarzan, ill keep it in mind