Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Online retailers that ship to Canada??
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 03:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ispepsi

Bought all of my hardware online back in Nov before I discovered WM & SaC, or this Forum. Since it was Nov and I got all 2008 stuff nothing was on significant sale prices, but compared to Canadian retailers around me I still got some wicked deals. Since I never owned any and would've had to rent I don't feel too bad about the full price thing.
So here are a few examples with rough calculations from memory, American currency pretty much dollar for dollar at time of every purchase

What I paid with shipping incl Price to buy locally with taxes
Board: Ride Agenda (152) 301 425
Bindings:K2 Auto 244 370
Boots:32 TM2 270 413
Also got a ton of baselayers for myself and girlfriend, hoodies, fleece's etc all much better.

Since discovering Sac/WM done much better, girlfriend has new everything now too, the Forum Superstar was up last week and with shipping cost me $225, on sale at nearby shop was $526 after tax, she has some new Rome Madison bindings (women's version of 390's I think?!) which were like $140 or so, compared to locally hard to find and nearly doubt price.
Only problem I had so far was WM once confirmed my purchase but never shipped my product until I contacted them 10 days later. Same thing happened with http:/snowboards-for-sale.com when I ordered my Azzpads.
Also UPS has always attempted 3 deliveries and never left a package without having me sign, after 3 days it ends up at local UPS shop 3 minutes from my house where they hold it for 5 days so I can pick up. Only bad experience I've had with UPS is tracking it online and seeing it zig-zag back and forth across the map/borders on it's way to me it a very inefficient manner; and as with most delivery companies there scheduled delivery time is like 11a-5p, not very specific, even so they've missed the 6 hour window once or twice and come nearer 6 p.m.
Still all in all US ordering worked out great for me, WM/Sac are shipping 3 orders to me as we speak.
Sorry for long msg

Last edited by Ispepsi; 03-14-2008 at 03:31 AM. Reason: spelling