Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Considering moving to Hawaii
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 02:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
linvillegorge
Veteran Member

Default Considering moving to Hawaii

We've had some serious discussions in the last few months of just saying fuck it and moving to Hawaii. If that happened, obviously my snowboarding would come to a screeching halt. Surfing would become my new snowboarding. I don't like surfing nowhere near as much as snowboarding, but I do love the atmosphere of the islands, specifically Kauai.

We've started looking for jobs pretty seriously. This actually might happen. We just figure that we're almost 30, but we're not tied down by any kids or mortgage at the moment. If we're going to go out on a limb and do something like this it's pretty much now or never. Both of us would be pursuing graduate degrees online while we lived there if we go through with it. Probably through Colorado State. I would continue to work in marketing while she would probably likely take a job in some type of support role.

The plan would be to live there 3-4 years, then probably move back to CO.

Have we lost our fucking minds?