Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 07:46 AM   #1103 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Last night we attended the Ingham County Parks Commission meeting where they discussed the future of the snowboard park. The resolutions all passed and assuming fundraising and whatnot, this thing is a go.

There was a contingent of boarders from MSU and LCC at the meeting. I'd say all told including me there were about 15-20 local riders at the meeting.

Pricing:

It looks like they're going with a $7/day pass per person and $20/family of four with +$3 with every family member over that amount. The same price as the tubing hill.

For people under 12 years old the cost was $3 or $5, I don't quite remember.

For a combo pass (tubing+snowboard) it's $10.00 per person. Not that anyone here cares about that.

The board asked about season pass prices at the local resorts. The best answer came from a kid that hails from around GR who said that a similar park from his area that charges $12/day offers a $200 pass.

Doing the math on this that would make a $115'ish pass in Lansing equivalent.

The board was very interested in how involved the local riders would be. Once the park is built, the funding ends so it's up to the riders to keep things up it sounds like. It also sounds like the riders will get to build what they want and change it up often.

They've got some fancy guy designing the grade, steps and shelves of the snowboard hill. I never heard of him but the other guys sounded impressed. Last name was Prince or something? I dunno. I could be way off.

So now it sounds like the focus will be on fundraising and getting donations for the rails, boxes and whatever. They're asking for volunteers with logo design and all that.
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote