Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Working at Mammoth for a Couple of Months
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
tbholle

Congrats on working for the mtn. hope you didnt plan on riding everyday! My first year there I had a job working with the mountain and worked six days a week from christmas until presidents day weekend, then down to five days a week. SOmetimes got lucky and didnt have to go into work until 10:30 so I could ride for a couple of hours. But I watched many a fine powder day through the windows and had to listen to plenty of gapers saying "why are you in here?, its DUMPING out there!" ...because the mountain owned me. Dont take it the wrong way, as its still fun and beats most other jobs out there. (except for food service jobs off the mountain at night so you can ride every day and wont miss any of those really epic powder days.)

Employee housing could be good or bad, depending on roommate situation. I had two really bad ones at first but then we got rid of them and our apt was cool thereafter. Most everyone is there to have a good time so as long as you are too and you actually know how to live with other people you should be fine. Dont buy a thirty pack of beer and lock it in your closet because you dont want to share! no one will like you.

and go to june...
tbholle is offline   Reply With Quote