Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - OWS: Justification
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #104 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
Hesitant to fully read the last three pages of "Wall of Text",
Don't worry, you're not missing out!
Quote:
but I just can't see how no regulation at all can be a good thing. Once again it comes down to "Theory" and "Reality".
I don't think anyone is suggesting "no regulation". We've been over this, although perhaps we covered that in the last 3 pages, so I'll give you a break
Quote:
I think as Outlander has suggested, the biggest reason regulation goes astray is because of conflict of interest.
It's more than just this, though. This is just a variant of the "angels" theory: "If only we had the right people in charge..."

Anther reason regulation goes astray, as Cheeze alluded to indirectly, is the knowledge problem. Hayek won a Nobel for his work on this matter.

Quote:
Instead of taking part in the democratic process which seeks to eliminate corruption, we gave those in power the keys to the castle and wandered off to our ultra-consumer lifestyles.
I don't think we ever had the keys in the first place. A minor point, not at all worth arguing over, but I just wanted to put my perspective out there so you know where i'm coming from.