Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Neversummer for a beginner?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 11:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
finssidedown

I'm 5'9 at 165 and I ride the NS SL. I do a lot of high speed (straight line/no carving), some jumps, and an occasional rail. It's too stiff for me to bust out crazy butters or whatever, but it holds up really well when things get fast. The board will grab and throw you on your face if you're not paying attention. It also takes a finer bit of control to get the thing to do what you want. It exaggerates my controls by like 10x.

If you're just linking turns why don't you get something cheaper? Chances are you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a big expensive board and a cheaper beginner board. Besides.. no matter how sturdy NS are they're not indestructible. I put a core shot on the nose of mine running over a stray bolt, if you're just learning you're gonna run into stuff and jack it up before you get good enough to really see what it can do for you. Save your money for a season pass so you can improve your riding!

Just my 2 cents. I had an Arbor Formula before this and it was a good beginner board. Dumb thing blew apart after one season though.