Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Cartel vs Force
Thread: Cartel vs Force
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
phony_stark
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0r3y.af View Post
Thanks for the input guys. The shop near me only has the Cartels in L and S right now and I would need a medium, so I'm going to wait a couple of days until they come in and give them a test fit with my boots.

I'm fairly new to the whole re-flex thing on the Burtons, could someone explain? I'll definitely test them both for strap hold and flexibility but I'm looking for something at about a mid-level stiffness (all-mountain). I'm honestly torn haha.

Again, appreciate the input guys. You're all very helpful!
Nivek or someone else will be able to explain better, but as I understand it, the disc in the middle is hinged, or flexy, as opposed to a hard piece of plastic which creates a deadspot on the board. It allows for truer board flex. You may not really notice or care, the big thing for me was the autocant on the footbeds, those are titties and kind of wrap around your boot instead of having a static degree of cant.

Cheeze is on point though, which ever one feels better for your boot is the one you should buy. Both are incredible bindings that will last you a long time.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote