Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Park board size question (Nitro Haze)
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thigu

Default Park board size question (Nitro Haze)

Hey guys,

I've been riding a Ride Machete 155cm, and I really like it. It is a great board for all mountain; awesome on powder, and great for natural jumps. My riding consists about 70% of all mountain riding (mostly out of bounds), but the 30% left of the time I like to play around in the park. I have to confess that I feel the board a little stiff and big for park riding(I'm a 5'7", 158 lb. dude btw). For that reason I decided to get an extra smaller, and more flexible board to play around, especially when there is no fresh snow.

I found a last season's Nitro Haze 149cm for a really great price ($130), and I heard it is a incredibly soft board to play around. My questions are:

1- Is this board (really flexible) recommended to improving my park skills?

2- Is 149cm too small for me? I mean, I went to REI to take a look at boards and 149cm boards seemed super small.

3- Should I even bother buying an extra board for park riding since a lot of people like the Machete for it as well?

Thanks

Last edited by Thigu; 10-29-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Thigu is offline   Reply With Quote