Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Snows coming!

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  snowjab 
#1 ·
Looks Like snow is coming this week. So F-ing stoked!

NOAA posted this

Special Weather Statement

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SEATTLE WA
526 AM PDT SUN OCT 30 2011

WAZ513-518-519-310030-
OLYMPICS-WEST SLOPES NORTHERN CASCADES AND PASSES-
WEST SLOPES CENTRAL CASCADES AND PASSES-
526 AM PDT SUN OCT 30 2011

...THE FIRST SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL OF THE SEASON IS EXPECTED ABOUT
MIDWEEK...

THE FIRST IN A SERIES OF COLD PACIFIC STORMS HAS THE POTENTIAL TO
PRODUCE SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL IN THE MOUNTAINS LATE WEDNESDAY INTO
THURSDAY. THE SNOW LEVEL IS ANTICIPATED TO PLUMMET TO NEAR 2500
FEET...OR BELOW CASCADE PASS LEVEL...BY EARLY THURSDAY. AT THIS
TIME...IT WAS STILL TOO EARLY TO KNOW EXACTLY HOW MUCH SNOW WILL
FALL.

IF YOU ARE PLANNING ANY OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES OR TRAVEL IN THE
MOUNTAINS THIS WEDNESDAY...PLEASE STAY TUNED TO THE LATEST
FORECASTS FROM THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE.

See less See more
#12 ·
They come up by the bus load from the bay area. But northstar is ok, they have one of the best parks, but if your looking for pow and terrain, I would look at alpine or squaw, all three resorts are pretty close to each other, heck squaw just took over alpine, now all they need is a lift to connect the two.

#13 ·
I want a really good park with just a chance at good pow. Squaw looks like the pow place though. Have you been to Powder Mountain, because I want to go there for a trip but Squaw looks like a better chance of pow, anyone know?

#17 ·
Direct from the Mt. Baker website -- The snow is beginning to accumulate at the ski area, with 11 inches falling last week and 5 inches falling Monday night.

The big news, however, is the forecast for this coming weekend and next week; the National Weather Service Forecast Office issued the following forecast Tuesday at 3:30 pm:

"...snow will fall in the mountains through much of the period Saturday through Tuesday. There may not be any one period with heavy snow . . . but each weather system will bring snow . . . and the moist northwesterly flow will encourage snowfall whether or not there is a short wave moving through it. By the middle of next week the Cascades and Olympics should have plenty of snow . . . with little or no prospect of it melting until late spring."

Please, oh please, let this be true. Last year I had already ridden a few times by now. I'm jonesing for some snow dammit! It's time to ride! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.