Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Is there anyone on here in Japan?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 06:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
dreampow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onji View Post
I weigh in at 69kg, and am 173cm. So I'd be comfortable as short as 155 in the park, and longer in the BC. At the moment I can only really afford to have one deck so I want a quiver killer for the time being.

I love riding everything, except stacking it on rails, so yeah I'd love to get some more snowboards w different bindings depending on what I'm doing that day. And maybe a caddy to follow me around and carry a quiver for me

If I can afford it next season I wouldn't mind getting a Jones Hovercraft or Flagship in split. But I'd need to get more experience in the BC here to find out what's going to work out best for my riding, and in the terrain here.
I would say you will be fine on your 157 Trice for almost all conditions here. Still sometimes the pow is very deep and heavy here. You might want more if you hit one of those days.

There is a local board shop near my regular mountain and when the pow gets crazy deep I go there and he lends me a pow deck for the day. They have sample boards that they use to lend out like that. Also great places to find out info on BC routes and conditions.

I wish I had remembered the name of the board I borrowed from him last year. It was very expensive but made in Japan and absolutely amazing board. A bit like a Jones hovercraft in shape.

I like the hovercraft too. A split would be sweet. I think I will stick with the proto CT as my wishlist for now.

If you do order some stuff maybe we could ship it together? Using that link someone posted.

must be cheaper to combine 2 boards at once and its only like 1500 yen or so to send a board anywhere in Japan.

Also if you ever go with a park board a 153 would be perfect at your weight IMO.
155 is fine for me and I am 78 kilos or 80 I could even ride a 153 if it was just park.
I almost never ride park, but love to hit natural jumps and get grabs and spins. Also looking to get into ground tricks on the proto.

Are you with JET?
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote