Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Early season trip where to?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 03:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
chupacabraman
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenzo View Post
Well my hill is scheduled for late Nov. as well. That's what I don't get, rev has a shatload of snow but one of the latest opening days? Kinda weird.
Are your friends snowshoeing or skinning up for runs? That's what I was wondering if it is a real backcountry area or if people are just hiking a 'safe' area. I have 0 backcountry snow experience. I'd totally hike for some runs if it's safe. I am not a beginner by any means, my spouse is more of an intermediate but he'd go for some easy runs I think.
Takes a ton of snow (over a meter base) to open up a hill like that. They're over 60 now. But remember when they do open, it's not just "ok conditions"... it's AWESOME. Not quite the same thing at Silver Star.
My buddies have been doing a bit of everything... skinning, hiking, and snowmobiling.
Just pick a mountain, drive up the FSR till you hit the snowline, then start hiking. Mt Mcrae & Sale are both fairly popular for pre-season turns in Revelstoke. Check this little vid out from mid-Oct: The return of La Nina - YouTube
chupacabraman is offline   Reply With Quote