Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Early season trip where to?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 08:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
chupacabraman
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roremc View Post
Whats Revi like on opening day? I was there last Feb on a good pow day and getting on the gondola was a shit show. Like Kicking Horse on a shit day. (It was a saturday) is it worth the trip?
A meter of untracked powder on one of the best mountains in the country
Last year a few people camped out the night in line, but at 7am there was still <50 people in line (then it got busy very fast). By 8:30am when the gondola opened the line was huge and back to the roadway. Within an hour the line was gone.
I'm not so sure about waiting in lines... I had the 3rd gondola cabin and managed to stay infront of the crowd and didn't wait in a chairlift line all day. All season long I showed up at 7:00-7:30am and was one of the first 10 people on the hill. I remember one mid-week day showing up 10 minutes before the gondola opened on a 20cm powder day and being the first person in line.. that's ridiculous!!!
It's definitely not like Kicking Horse - they have the worst lift system setup of any hill I've ever seen. That gondola is great for touring out of bounds, but TERRIBLE for people riding the hill. TERRIBLE!!! Man how that place would be a million times better with a mid-station (longer season, lap the bowls, lap the lower, no lines, etc)

Last edited by chupacabraman; 10-31-2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: spelling
chupacabraman is offline   Reply With Quote