Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon 2012 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #534 (permalink)
Wiredsport
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusion View Post
Hi - thanks to everyone - Wiredsport in particular - for posting some excellent advice. You've convinced me to try Bataleon this year. But which one?!

I'm looking for the most playful possible board that can still hold an edge at speed, on icy pistes if necessary, and float in the pow. It doesn't have to be an out and out powder board as I've got an old Malolo for that, but I don't want that sinking feeling when I do take it into the deeper stuff. After that I'm looking for something I can butter, spin and generally play around on. Reading this thread I'm thinking the Goliath 156.

I'm 5'9", 150 lbs, size 9 (US) boots and mainly ride in the Alps.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can throw my way.
Yes, The Goliath willl be the top contender. What you have described is a very broad range of uses from butters to icy pistes with some pow and spinning thrown in for good measure. Essentially, everyhing but pure street and race That is the definition of what the Goliath does best. It spans those styles.

The 156 will be an excellent choice. Are you growing? If yes or if you lean a bit to freeride over park then the 156. If no or if park, butters, spins is more important then the 153.

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote