Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Warmest, Driest, Most Durable glove thread
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #42 (permalink)
grafta
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwanzaa View Post
i have ordered from them before however i have a po box in the states i use and go across the border and pick items up myself to avoid taxes and shipping fees. Ordering items directly to canada can be pricy, your usually looking at 15+ dollar shippying for an item as small as a pair of shoes, 12% duty, and occasionally the seller will charge taxes ontop of the duty for shipping to canada.

my advise to you if your close to the boarder is to get an account with a parcel recieving service that's right across the boarder, mine is 13 dollars a year for membership and 1 dollar a week to hold a parcel, pretty cheap considering most websites offer free shipping and no taxes.
Its been a while, but after looking around Vancouver for a pair of gloves I liked (and failed) I decided to buy some Level Half Pipes from here > Action Sports Protective Gear: Buy From The Original Protective Gear Store - XSportsProtective

Figured after buying gloves, liners (gloves i liked had no liners and my gloves get disgusting with none) and wrist guards (yeh i'm a retard and need to learn how to fall) it'd cost a similar amount or more.

Anyway, ordered on Saturday with $20 off coupon code and received 'em today (tuesday morning). They cost me $137 including shipping. I may have to pay another $13 to my companies UPS account for tax, not sure yet. $150 seems ok to me after seeing the options on offer. So anyone from Canada who can't find 'em in the shops that's the lowdown.

The Half Pipes seem pretty big, def no pipe glove but i'd be in same position with any glove that'd fit over wrist guards anyway. Lets see how they hold out. Thinking i may shoe-goo the right forefinger and thumb because i'm always ripping through them fastening/releasing bindings.
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote