Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Introduce yourself
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #1490 (permalink)
ChristinaAK36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
That is cool is your cabin on the Chena River by any chance? I loved canoeing the Chena when I lived there and there are so many nice places along the river. Hey, I found a couple of old scans of a fall Granite Tors hike. I will post them in your Alaska thread to give you some stoke for next summer`s hiking.
I am hoping I get the job driving truck for Carlisle out of Anchorage because I really want to move back to Alaska....
I saw the pics on the other thread - awesome, thanks! Makes me already ready for next summer, especially since it was a crisp -13 when I started my car this morning (joys of living in the flats). I am near Chena River. I looked for a cabin out on CHSR but they are few and far or crappy or lived in or too expensive. I got a place on Badger near the gate so I'm only about 10 minutes from CHSR down Nordale, 10 minutes to town, everything else about 20-30 minutes and they keep the road clear because of base and no hills to struggle with (however, I jog and they dont clear the nice, huge bike path!).

Good luck getting a job for Carlisle. You could work out of the Banks too though!