Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Reasons not to vote republican
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
HoboMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
It's understandable if you feel disenfranchised but I wouldn't call it a joke. I think the joke is noone takes democracy seriously. So instead noone participates and we end up with the upperclass stealing all the country's income and gambling with our money.
Exactly, unfortunetly the more faith we lose in the system and just go "Oh well, nothing I can do" the more power they receive. The more we get pissed off and tell them "No", the more they actually have to react. I think the example of Bank of America revoking their new debit card fees is a great example of this, people said "fuck you, I'm taking my business elsewhere" and they had to revoke the fee. Meanwhile a bunch of other banks have still enacted new "fees", I know on Nov 11 I now get charged a $10 monthly fee for my Wells Fargo account, and the only way to waive it is to have some kind of loan or credit account with them (win/win for them).

If I didn't have a credit account with them, I would probably be switching to a local bank/credit union. Hell, I might do it anyways.

Last edited by HoboMaster; 11-05-2011 at 01:18 PM.