Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Introduce yourself

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  ctoma 
#1 ·
I will start this thread.

I am 24 years old, live in Toronto Canada.

I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (where there is a ton of snow) so naturally i have gone both skiing and snowboarding.

I'm still a beginner snowboarder, but hope to learn lots at Snowboarding Forum :D

G
#202 ·
hey guys my names Steviee, im from Sydney and had my first go at boarding last year in NZ - going to make it an annual thing and head back over there to christen my new board this year with the girls :D been skiing once before but got caught in a blizard so not very fond memories :laugh:

G
#203 ·
Arnold checking in here from San Diego, CA. I've been snowboarding on and off since '98 with my ol trusty 160 Burton Custom and Sims bindings!

I just bought a new 08 Ride Dose 162 so trying to find some helpful tips for new gear and bindings!

G
#204 · (Edited)
Hey board freaks!

Hi to all of you Snowboard lovers!

I Live In the coolest country's National Capital Ehh! I've spent most of my winters at the Hockey rink for a large part of my life, therefore, I've started snowboarding 5 years ago (17) at my once girlfriend's demand. I've started on the largest mountains of the East Coast but didn't ride often (2-3 times a year)... This year I ride at least once a week (well over 10 times allready) but on the small slopes 20 min from home.

I'm getting pretty comfortable with snowboarding now and looking for some tips on how to progress further into the sport.

I'll also need a new board and bindings cause I just cracked mine right under/side of my right binding... I wanted to get a new one next year, but unless I want to take the chance at ***** up a leg or something, I might want to put aside my board and spit the dough for a new one.

On that note has anyone bought a board from the states and had it shipped to Canada, cause it's sooo much less expensive accross the border with the currency equal. If so are the border fees, and what not, very expensive?

Anyways, now you know that I can get carried away when I post lol! :dunno:

Oh and I'm 22!

G
#205 ·
Hey, this is Kyle from East Lansing, MI. I'm 22 and just got into snowboarding over Christmas break and I'm addicted to the sport. Hopefully this season lasts longer than usual so I can get in a few more trips up north!

G
#206 ·
new girl

Hey everyone...I'm Heather. I am new to this site. I live in Washington State. I went snowboarding at Monarch a handfull of times. Since I moved back to Washington and left all of my buddies behind, I haven't had a chance to meet new people to go with. That was about six years ago. I am itching to get into again, so I am hoping to make friends in the local scene and get some tips here on this site.

G
#207 ·
Hi from another Washingtonian

I'm a newbie and stumbled upon this forum while websurfing for ski season info. I've only been snowboarding 3 times (and there was a year in between the first and second time), but think I'm doing pretty good for a newbie (doing runs by myself on the lower level lifts, I'm good once I get stapped in, I just suck getting off the lift... I seem to have a hard time when one foot is out, even on my stomp pad)... just really bummed that all passes were closed this weekend. Anyway, looking forward to soaking up as much info and tips that I can.

~ Becky

G
#208 ·
Hi everyone. My name is Simon and I`m from Belgium. I have been snowboard for in total 6 weeks now, and I vistited this forum ALOT once I decided to take my snowboarding to the next level. That is learning how to jump, grab etc and not just boringly riding behind my friends (who are all skieers).

I have been around alot, so I know some of you already from the posts :). I decided to get a registration on the forum, to say how mutch I love and how mutch of a help you guys have been (especially snowwolf). Hopefully my `brand new` experience can be of some help to some newbies too.

cheers and happy snowboarding!
Simon

PS: Thanks to your tips I learned a tailslide, FS/BS 180, indy and doing helicopters (not dificult lol). Many thanks for that!

G
#209 ·
Hello! I am 19 years old and I'm comming from Slovenia. I have been skiing for 8 years or so, but I decided to try snowboarding. My girlfriend has been snowboarding for 6 years and she is also snowboarding instructor now so she helped me learn. I am addicted now, evethough this is my first session on board. it is a lot of fun.

See ya!

G
#211 ·
Hello all the boarders from around the world!

I'm not only new to this forum but to Vancouver, where I live now, as well. I recently moved from the Netherlands to Canada to live my dreams. I've been snowboarding for more than 15 years now, and even went heli-boarding twice (Panorama and Golden). I might have been a 'pro-boarder' but since I had my back bone fractured in '98 I had to slow things down a bit. Snowboarding is one of the main reasons to move to Vancouver, it's a big step but it will be worth while.

Since I'm still searching for a job and I don't know anybody around here it's hard te get in contact with people, so I was wondering whether there're boarders in de Vancouver region who would like to take me to one of the ski resorts around here. If you would like to do so or just would like to know more about me, just sent me a message.

Cheers

G
#212 · (Edited)
Area code?

I'm originally from Toronto, Canada but now reside in Sydney, Australia. I'm pretty ancient in that I've been boarding for about 17years from back in the day at Blue Mountain and even Glen Eden (shiver). My experience as follows: 2 concussions, 1 separated shoulder, 3 dislocations, numerous tree hugging incidents (only happpened in BC for some odd reason) and a kicker where I ended up in some womans lap while she was waiting in queue for the lift.

G
#213 ·
Hello from NW Washington

Hey to all.

I've been riding for about 2 seasons,but I go up a lot so I think I have a pretty good handle on it.Not into the super hard stuff or the park yet,but getting there.I live in Bellingham WA(about 1 hour west of Mt.Baker)so I have it pretty good.

Hey Heather and Becky,give a shout if you come up to Baker anytime soon.We ride there once a week(Thurs,Fri,or Sat).We are thinking of making a Stevens Pass run sometime soon now that the passes are back open(for now!!:D).Crazy snow this year,huh!

This is a really cool site...glad to be here.

-Goat

G
#215 ·
Hey to all.

I've been riding for about 2 seasons,but I go up a lot so I think I have a pretty good handle on it.Not into the super hard stuff or the park yet,but getting there.I live in Bellingham WA(about 1 hour west of Mt.Baker)so I have it pretty good.

Hey Heather and Becky,give a shout if you come up to Baker anytime soon.We ride there once a week(Thurs,Fri,or Sat).We are thinking of making a Stevens Pass run sometime soon now that the passes are back open(for now!!:D).Crazy snow this year,huh!

This is a really cool site...glad to be here.

-Goat

Hey cool, nice to meet you! Haven't tried Stevens or Baker yet (we've been going to White Pass). How do you think they compare to White Pass for newbies?

G
#217 · (Edited)
My name is Jason. I currently live in Rochester, NY.

I've been boarding for 7 years, although my first year was the only year where I went more than twice. Conditions here in Rochester pretty much suck and it's difficult to find the time and money to drive out to Vermont more than once or twice a season. Next season I'll be looking into more often. My wife is getting serious about it now and we're going to be buying her some gear here in the next few weeks.

Places I have snowboarded:
Oregon: Mt. Bachelor
Colorado: Vail, Beaver Creek, Monarch, Breckenridge, Keystone
New York: Bristol
Vermont: Mt. Snow

G
#218 ·
Sup y'all. My name is Kevin, I live in Kelowna BC and my home mountain is Big White. 24yr's old blah blah blah. I've been riding for about 11 years now and skied for 4 years before that. Slowly built my knowledge about equipment maintenance over the years enough to get a job as a ski/board techy for a couple Heli-skiing lodges up North. I'll keep out the names of em for now but yes, there are fringe benefits like free riding with the job. Been doin some reading on this forum and I'm likin what I'm reading, some good info on here so I'm lookin forward to learning more. You can never know enough.
Aside from riding, I'm a big 4x4er. Not mud though, more of a rock crawler competition kinda guy. Anyways, that's me. Cheers.:cheeky4:

G
#219 ·
Welcome to the forums guys. Your going to learn and grow alot here.

I live in Syracuse...I think u may be getting some snow tonight. Bristol will be running for awhile. I was thinking of going Thursday but will wait until after our meet next week.

Anyway, enjoy guys:thumbsup:
You're definitely right about the snow. We didn't get much, but any little bit helps. If we hadn't spent 2.5 hours shopping for gear for my wife last night we would probably head out there tonight. Might have to wait till next week for some night boarding or next weekend. Might even play hookie some day coming up if we get some decent snow.

G
#220 ·
Ok Im from Dover, Delaware (if you dont know where that is dont worry. it sucks) and I still live there sadly. I've been snowboarding now for about.......5 days. so far my only experience is loads of fun and a busted nut......

G
#221 ·
Howdy From Cakalaky!

Hey!

[Cakalacky = North Carolina]

I'm a newbie to boarding, living in Raleigh, NC. But, this past winter my wife turned me onto it and I am sick about snowboarding now! Made it to Zermatt, Switzerland this past May, but didn't get on the slopes. sigh. Next trip, for sure!

However, I'm heading to Denver in April '08 for a work conference. Gonna pop over to Vail for a lil mountain top boarding for a couple of days. Yeah, I know - not ideal. But, hey, I'm gonna be in CO already... and just 2 hours from Vail... so let's hit it!

Looking forward to getting serious and more skilled on a deck... but mainly to stop fallin' down! LOL

Cya,

Ian

#222 ·
Well, where to start... Oke, I'm living in one of the flattest countries in the world (The Netherlands) So no mountains to ride :( We have some of the largest indoor slopes of the world, but that doesnt come near a real mountain.
Gladly I can escape this country onces in a while for some real snow (Will go to La Plagne,France in 3 weeks).
Have been boarding for a few years now, always have rented my gear until this year. Was tired of mounting my big feet (US size 14) on small boards etc.

2 months ago I bought :
- Ride Decade 162w (not the most populair board on this forum, but I like it)
- Burton Rulers
- Burton Missions

G
#223 ·
Hi people.. thought i should introduce myself. I currently live in vermont. I used to ski back when i was in Grenoble but i'm trying out snowboarding this season. I guess its safe to say that i'm never gonna go back on my skis again :D.
I can't wait to head out on thursday after the storm :p

G
#224 ·
Hey this is jamman here. I live in northern Michigan and I've been snowboarding about a little over a year now. My home mountain is Nubs Nob, which is basically in my backyard, and happens to be where I work. I've already learned a lot of new stuff and look forward to getting to know all you guys!

G
#227 ·
Hey. My name is Ian and i'm 13 years old. I'm a Downhill skateboarder and just really got into snowboarding this year. I finally realized how fun it is when I went to Okemo and I didn't want to stop. I hope to get better and just have fun.

G
#228 ·
Hi im george. i live in houston texas but was born and raised in anchorage alaska. i miss the snow alot and only go snow boarding once a year :(. after a recent trip i have decided to get involved in the community and buy my own stuff. so i decided that a good first step was to join a forum.

G
#229 ·
What's going on,

name is Dre and I'm over in the Trenton/Princeton area. This is my second season snowboarding and I've become obsessed. Since the season is coming to a close I figure this forum will be a great way to fill the void.