Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Multiple burton cartels, whats the difference?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcolaheadbussa View Post
ok i am already second guessing the bindings.. I really dont know all the terminology and how it affects the ride of the board. I here the cartel is rated around a 7 on flex, but what exactly is the flex going to change with the feel of the board? This will be my first board ( just moved west from florida) and i am looking for a middle of the road feel. I want to be able to turn and carve hard, hit some jumps, and slowly work my way into the park as well. any recommendations is appreciated. thanks
You will not have any problem being able to turn & carve hard with the Cartels. Solid binding and very responsive. If you go softer you will lose some of that responsiveness.

FWIW a lot of people use the Cartel for freestyle/park riding, they are a pretty versatile binding.

Note that the "7" rating is among Burtons line only. I owned a pair of 2009 cartels and had ridden the 2012 cartels, too. They are not overly stiff especially for someone who wants to ride a little bit of everything.

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 48

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2