Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Multiple burton cartels, whats the difference?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mr. Polonia
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcolaheadbussa View Post
ok i am already second guessing the bindings.. I really dont know all the terminology and how it affects the ride of the board. I here the cartel is rated around a 7 on flex, but what exactly is the flex going to change with the feel of the board? This will be my first board ( just moved west from florida) and i am looking for a middle of the road feel. I want to be able to turn and carve hard, hit some jumps, and slowly work my way into the park as well. any recommendations is appreciated. thanks

i have last yrs cartels and they are a great binding. the thing with bindings is that u dont want a too soft of a binding on a stiff board because ur bindings will flex before your board does...and vice versa. u want to match your bindings with the type of board ull be riding. hard flex for stiff board, soft flex for park board.

the cartels are in between, pretty much suited for an all mountain freestyle type board with a flex rating of i would say 5-7