Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Lake Louise opening this weekend!

3K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  AdamBQ 
#1 ·
The Lake opens on Saturday. Judging from the webcams there is a tonne more snow than last season. Early season stoked! :):):)

#2 ·
ya it looks not bad, i think im gonna head up mid week next week. they are saying they will have 4 runs opens. is sunshine saying the 10 or 11? its cut off on my screen i can only see a 1. if sunshine opened on a thursday i might just hit that up instead.

#6 ·
it all depends on snow. I think given how much more there is compared with last year the back should be open sooner rather than later. Each weekend we should see more and more. top first, then ptarmigan and then the back.

Sunshine opens next Thursday the 10th.

#8 · (Edited)
This year is night and day from last. I went on opening weekend last year and the base was a good 50% grass with a path down to the lift.
this years lookin good so far but i just hope it's not as cold as last year, rode at sunshine last year in some -24 weather and got minor frost bite on my cheek.

#11 ·
I was at the lake on Saturday and today. Looking very good. Still early season so not much open but if they get another couple of dumps the front side will be all open. I imagine the back side is already looking good!

#34 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.