Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

flow bindings?

277K views 414 replies 116 participants last post by  Wiredsport 
G
#1 ·
Hey guys thinking about getting new flow step in bindings? How do you like them? any positives or negatives? they seem so convenient. thanks. peace.:thumbsup:

#30 ·
heheheee!

it is an interesting confession, seeing as i had merely regarded the superficial appearance of Flow and nothing at all about the actual capacity of thought of their patrons!

copy, paste and save for another day.

#31 ·
I switched to the Flow NXT AT last winter and they are the most comfortable and responsive binding I have ever used. I had always wanted to try them but shyed away because of how heavy they were. The new generation of Flows are lighter than my Technines so I decided to give them a try when they had them on SAC for cheap. No problems with them so far.

G
#32 ·
Personally I just don't care for the feel of the flow system. Having a good two straps (on the top or at the toe it doesn't matter) is just really nice. Also, for me the flow system just doesn't work as well with some boots compared to others because it doesn't form the same way...Just my $0.02. If you are thinking about buying some just TRY THEM OUT FIRST!!! Then if you decide you like them get them. If not, don't. Nobody here should effect your decision...

#33 ·
They definitely have a different feel than a strap binding. As far as fit, the more freestyle orientated Flows now have large cutouts on the sides to form to the shape of the boot better. It is a fact that most people have a love/hate relationship with the Flow system.

G
#34 ·
I like em. Throwing my old Pro FS bindings on my old Burton FL for my aspiring snowboarder friends and putting my new NXT AT's on my new board. Only had a season's worth of experience but they held up really well. My friend's been riding Flow's for years now and swears by them. It took me forever to dial in the Pro FS's, but the NXT AT's have ratchets so I'm sure it'll be a lot easier this time around.

#35 ·
Yes, the new ratches they put on last year are the poop. It makes them alot easier to dial in and fit to your boots.

#36 ·
I'm considering getting a pair of the NX AT's at some point also as a second set of bindings for when I'm just going cruising or riding with my skier friends who are impatient bastards...I used Flow's AMP 9's from like 4yrs ago and they felt good but were heavy and difficult to really tune to my boot. The NX AT's seem like they are much more adept at adjustment and I love the new I-Strap it feels much better from trying them on in the store

G
#37 ·
lisevolution said:
I'm considering getting a pair of the NX AT's at some point also as a second set of bindings for when I'm just going cruising or riding with my skier friends who are impatient bastards...I used Flow's AMP 9's from like 4yrs ago and they felt good but were heavy and difficult to really tune to my boot. The NX AT's seem like they are much more adept at adjustment and I love the new I-Strap it feels much better from trying them on in the store
Yeah I hate going with friends like that...but what can ya do? They're friends right? *sigh* lol

G
#40 ·
I finally decided to try the flows this year and have to say i'm impressed with them. I picked up some M-11s and spent about 30 minutes or so setting them up, then maybe another 10 minutes later on in the day to get them just right, and had one of the most comfortable days for my feet in my 7 or so years on a board. They dispersed the pressure from the straps evenly across the top of my foot and the control I got from them gave me noticably more control or feel of what my board was doing. (fyi, they replaced a 5 year old pair of K2 V8 bindings) Granted, i've only used them once so far, but so far so good.

By the way, I'm curious why people are so concerned about what OTHER people think or say about YOUR bindings? If someone told me I was gay because of the brand of my bindings I would laugh in their face... then knock them out :D

G
#44 ·
xenster said:
I dunno, considering how open snowboarders generally tend to be to new technologies that improve the ride, it's funny how there are so many that hate on the Flow system.
Well, they just don't work for everyone. I seriously thought every Flow complaint was caused by bad setup but I had a chance to tailor my trusty Pro FS binders to Paolo at Big White and he still hated my guts (oh and I've played with Flow setup for half a decade). I.e. different folks, that sort of thing. Dig it?

#45 ·
I demo'd the Flow Team bindings yesterday at Loveland. Out of 6 pairs of bindings I tried these were the best I used. As usual with Flow, they took a bit to adjust properly, but man once dialed in they rocked. Super light and responsive binders. I think I may have to get a pair to put on my bc setup. It would shave almost a full pound off my splitty. That would be huge.

#50 ·
oh thank gawd this flipped to a new page!

i realise it is bad form to laff at your own gags, but every time i see that foto, i have to leave the room!

it is library quite here and i have already laffed hard enuff to project snot out me pipes! twice!

G
#51 ·
anthonybsd said:
Well, they just don't work for everyone. I seriously thought every Flow complaint was caused by bad setup but I had a chance to tailor my trusty Pro FS binders to Paolo at Big White and he still hated my guts (oh and I've played with Flow setup for half a decade). I.e. different folks, that sort of thing. Dig it?
I get that aspect, but whenever you look up reviews on flows you get a good share of trolls sitting the comments sections saying things like "Flows are for gays" etc. I'm not saying that they are for everyone, but it seems like there's a lot of people hating on them without giving them a legitimate chance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.