Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #1137 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Arrrgggghhh.... I'm so torn between what bindings to get now... I was so set on Targas, but now I'm second guessing because they are a bit aggressive for what I do. But I loooove the Targas new toe straps and new highback. I loved riding them on a couple of more aggressive boards. Therein lies my problem though, my only aggressive board is the Turbo Dream and I only rode that thing 4 times last season and 3 of those times were rightfully in Tahoe powder. I won't go out west this year (cryface) so not sure if I should go with Targas. I'm looking to put these new bindings on the Proto as my Bosses are going to stay on the Evo.

Yes, Leo needs some gear advice haha. More like a friendly push into the right direction. I do know for a fact that I can handle the Targas without the inserts on a Proto, but that's not something I would recommend to another rider. Here are my choices... they couldn't all be more different from each other.

I really like the Maestro's highback as they are last year's delta highbacks, but stiffer. I don't like the thin ankle straps as I'm a fan of cushy ones.
Ride Maestro Snowboard Bindings 2012

The Capos are a strong contender. I demoed these and they were solid bindings I had 0 complaints about. The thing is, I like the Maestro's highback more. However, these have their new freestyle ankle strap that is cushy. Wish I could get this ankle strap on the Maestros. If I go with this route, I don't know whether to get green or red for my Proto. Looooove the green, but everyone gets that color. Red still looks badass and might match the Proto more. Aesthetics is my last concern though.
Ride Capo Snowboard Bindings 2012

I didn't get to try this one, but I did demo Flux bindings with Urethane highbacks. Really dig them. However, I'm not a huge fan of K2 bindings. Something about their ankle straps. Just plain. Though, these have Harshmellow and Harshmellow is lovely. Auto system is also cool.
K2 National Snowboard Bindings 2012

And finally the beastly Targas. I think 80% of my desire for these lie in the outstanding Conformist 3.0 toe straps. Hands down the best toe straps in the business. I said it first on these forums before and all the reviewers who demo these are saying the same thing too. Unfortunately, when I demoed it, I had the stiffest inserts and these things were beastly responsive. I wish I took the inserts out to see how much play I can get out of it. Maybe I can make it work with the Proto.
Rome Targa Snowboard Bindings 2012

Decisions Decisions. Price is irrelevant by the way. I'm gift certing it. Similar price-range anyway. Help an Asian Twinkie out!