Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snows coming!
Thread: Snows coming!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
NWBoarder
Veteran Member

Direct from the Mt. Baker website -- The snow is beginning to accumulate at the ski area, with 11 inches falling last week and 5 inches falling Monday night.

The big news, however, is the forecast for this coming weekend and next week; the National Weather Service Forecast Office issued the following forecast Tuesday at 3:30 pm:

"...snow will fall in the mountains through much of the period Saturday through Tuesday. There may not be any one period with heavy snow . . . but each weather system will bring snow . . . and the moist northwesterly flow will encourage snowfall whether or not there is a short wave moving through it. By the middle of next week the Cascades and Olympics should have plenty of snow . . . with little or no prospect of it melting until late spring."

Please, oh please, let this be true. Last year I had already ridden a few times by now. I'm jonesing for some snow dammit! It's time to ride!
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote