Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stowe Opening Day
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
c0r3y.af

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
Why would you wait another month to go when you could go now. That's like starving to death and not eating a loaf of bread for another month. Unless you don't have the opportunity, there is no reason to not go snowboarding.
Well, the main reason is that I wouldn't be driving, I'd be going with a local ski-trip place (NEAS) and they're charging $74. I wouldn't want to commit if there's only going to be minimal terrain open, I'd rather wait until next month when they would have more terrain open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenzo View Post
I think he is asking if it is possible they will open on the 19th with no snow.

Anything is possible, check the weather forecast.... is it a natural hill or do they use snowmakers? That's plenty of time to make a snow run if they have those running.
It's been pretty warm in New England for the last few days. I haven't seen snow in the forecast, but they do make their own snow so I guess anything's possible.

Just thought I'd ask haha. Not sure if anyone is familiar with their previous opening dates and how they've done it in the past