Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stowe Opening Day
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
Why would you wait another month to go when you could go now. That's like starving to death and not eating a loaf of bread for another month. Unless you don't have the opportunity, there is no reason to not go snowboarding.
Well, the main reason is that I wouldn't be driving, I'd be going with a local ski-trip place (NEAS) and they're charging $74. I wouldn't want to commit if there's only going to be minimal terrain open, I'd rather wait until next month when they would have more terrain open.

Originally Posted by Jenzo View Post
I think he is asking if it is possible they will open on the 19th with no snow.

Anything is possible, check the weather forecast.... is it a natural hill or do they use snowmakers? That's plenty of time to make a snow run if they have those running.
It's been pretty warm in New England for the last few days. I haven't seen snow in the forecast, but they do make their own snow so I guess anything's possible.

Just thought I'd ask haha. Not sure if anyone is familiar with their previous opening dates and how they've done it in the past
Pray for an early start to the season! is offline   Reply With Quote