Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Penn State situation
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 12:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
neednsnow
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Born and Raised about 40 minutes from University Park and Graduated PSU. I've lived in the shadow of the Blue and White Kingdom my entire life, but luckily avoided the Elixer. I've never been a Paterno or PSU football fan (and I'm a big fan of football!), but I'm totally mixed with this whole scene. i feel bad for those who are are watching their glory and God fall apart, but that is also what they get for being so awe-stricken by PSU. The Nittany Lion fans are a cultish group, very very much! Moreso than any other sports organization I know.

Questions:

1. Did Joe need to go after these allegations? Yes, but I really wonder what transpired? Did they give him a quit or be canned ultimatum? Sure sounds like it. Getting fired over the phone sounds a little unprofessional considering his history, (yes, not as harsh as what happened to the kids, I know.)
2. How long has the Grand Jury been sitting on the Report? The timing is impecable.....on a bye week right after he becomes the winningest coach ever?
3. Why didn't McQueary get canned?

and more importantly!!!!

4. Why didn't McQueary rescue the kid at the imediate moment he saw what was happening?!?!?