Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Camber to Rocker Transition
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
lisevolution
Veteran Member

Like Wolfie said, depending on the board they all react a bit differently. I know when I went from my cambered Rome Flag to my NS Legacy last season the first 2-3 runs were a bit sketchy getting used to the feel of the rocker under foot and the pivoty feel it gives. The only place I really noticed it on a consistent basis was when flat basing on a flat section as it has a tendency to wander a bit on you if your not paying attention. Where I really noticed the difference though was when I got out west and was dealing with 18" of fresh every day in vail for the week I was out there. The NS literally floated the nose up and made riding in those conditions so much more fun then riding a straight cambered deck and having to set the bindings back and work the nose to keep it up and not submarining in the deep pow.

I do still prefer the Cambered beast for high speed runs though because the stability at warp is much better than on a rockered board IMO.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote