Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - North Carolina Season Opener 11/12/11
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
threej21

Default North Carolina Season Opener 11/12/11

Sorry, no pics as we didnt waste any time with the camera.... just had to express my joy of strapping on my board yesterday and getting some runs in!!

It was at Cataloochee in Maggie Valley, NC and yesterday was there season opener. The mountain typically only has 5400 ft of vert and only the bottom half was up and running, needless to say the runs were short...LOL but still had a freakin blast

there park was not open yet but they did have about 5 diff rails set up and some of us riders built a few small kickers on the side of some of the runs...felt great to get a few grabs, 180s, and a couple failed 360s in (lil rusty from my first season last year). def dug my nose in on a couple fs 3 attempts and a bs 3 attempt but all my 180s were lofty and smooth, both reg and half cab

i hit my first rail at the very end of last season and while i was only succesfull last year at some 50/50s i also tried and failed at some front boards

the highlight of my day yesterday was upping my 50/50s a lil by, after about 6-8 attempts, successfully doing a few 50/50s fs 180 off and also had 2 succesfull front boards on a corrugated pipe

all and all a great start to the season...its all NC riding till i hit up keystone/abasin/breck in Feb wooot wooot
threej21 is offline   Reply With Quote