Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Time to get a good board?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viennadisco View Post
Thanks for the advice, I have pretty much decided I'm going to stick with an all mountain board. I spent most of my youth in the skatepark and those days are over The most I've done on my board is 5050 a rail or box and that's proably all I will ever do. You're probably right though I should stick it out for a little while longer with what I have.
What is your local mountain, I'm assuming Bear or mt High? That would mostly rule out Big Mountain stuff.

You will know very quickly when your board starts holding you back. Runs here are short so if you are like me you will get bored of just cruising down the mountain and look into jumping off stuff even little things. Id start thinking of all mountain freestyle decks. stuff that handles cruising perfectly fine, can handle speed, and can still mess around when you want to. NS SL, Arbor coda, stuff like that.

You will benefit from a great board when the old one sucks. After one season on a Technine Split T, I felt I needed an upgrade, I got an SL and never looked back. The SL Is very damp and you can go fast comfortably if that's your thing.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote