Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Bigger Boards
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hodgepodge
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derosnops View Post
Hey everyone first post I tried searching around couldn't really find anything. So here it goes.

I am about 5'8 160 lbs. I know I am Supposed to be riding a 153 or 154 Board.

I learned on a 158 Head thats what I have been riding for about 2 years now.

I like mostly riding the mountain hitting fresh powder getting out of bounds to get it if neccesary hitting natural jumps and looking to try some tricks this winter. But I will stay out of the terrain park.

Now the person I bought my board from said I should go with a 161 T-rice banna tech c2 powered board. But also said they ride bigger than they are.

So I bought the 161 and it is up to the bridge of my nose.

I am worried that the since the board rides bigger than they are and it is already bigger than I have ridden before it will be to big. But at the same time its only at the bridge of my nose.

I guess I would like some other opinions.

Thanks everyone!!
i weigh 175 and ride the t rice 157. but i tend to like to go in the park a lot too along with riding the whole mountain and pow. so in your case, since you wont go in the park, you will be okay on the 161, though it is for sure at the big end of your range. if you ever consider going in the park however, you might want to consider a 157