Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Ottawa?

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Sudden_Death 
#1 ·
Just getting a gauge on how many we have here from the Ottawa valley/Outaouais area, where you ride etc...? I am in Kanata, ride the legendary mosquito tit that is Mount Pakenham mostly as it is super close and cheap.

#3 ·
Just getting a gauge on how many we have here from the Ottawa valley/Outaouais area, where you ride etc...? I am in Kanata, ride the legendary mosquito tit that is Mount Pakenham mostly as it is super close and cheap.
thats the hardest i have laughed in a while xD

anyways, i started boarding last year. i went to camp fortune a bunch, titus, and vorloge which i got free passes for. this year, ill be going to fortune, marie, and edelweiss.

#5 ·
I used to be at Fortune all the time. My buddies dad worked close to it so he'd drop us about an hour before the lifts open. Was really nice, maybe another 20 or so other people there on weekdays, mostly retired guys. They may not be huge but we are pretty lucky to have as many places as we do as close as we do.

#9 ·
Surprised no one's mentioned Cascades yet. I prefer that area with Fortune & Edelweiss there too. Can't beat these for proximity to Ottawa.

Tremblant (of course) & Mont Ste Marie. Even Pakenham. Hoping to try a few more this year.

Mont Saint-Sauveur has been open since Hallowe'en I think, but haven't been there.

#16 ·
Weird start to the season to say the least. Went to Pakenham last Friday and it was so icy you could barely get a ski pole through the ice layer in parts. Went again Monday in the rain and it was really fun. Only a couple runs open and 3-4 park features but the rain made for spring conditions and there was pretty much nobody else there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.