Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
post #1186 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
david_z
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
How long a string of sub-30 degree days do we need before places start opening? This is my first time at the beginning of the season. I was really hoping for black Friday shred.
Don't get your hopes up... Compare to last year (approximately Mt. Holly/Flint):

History : Weather Underground

In retrospect I find it hard to believe they were able to open last year on 11/27. Those daytime highs are still awfully high in the 40s, but there were only 6 days prior to Black Friday with above-freezing overnight lows, and most of those were still in the 30s. This year we have overnight lows in the 40s and 50s. The ground isn't even close to freezing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

"Maybe you never thought about hiking the hills just outside of town. But maybe you should."