Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #613 (permalink)
thehotcorner

I'm 6'1", around 210-220..I currently ride an old Rome Agent 158 (maybe an '06?, cambered) which I do really like, but its time for an upgrade. I'm looking for something a little more playful. I probably ride around 80% mountain / 20% park...want a board i can mess around with on the groomers, do ground tricks, hit the rollers, etc. I'm an eastcoaster and don't see too much powder.

After a ton of reading I feel like I've settled on the Proto CT, though I have more recently thinking about the EVO, but I feel it might be a bit too park oriented (I don't do too much jibbing and dont plan to).

So my question for you guys, based on what I've told you, does the Proto seem like a good match for me? I also considered a Ride Machete and I demo'd a Lib Tech TRS last yr which I really liked. How does the proto compare?

Lastly, at ~215lbs, will a 157 do the trick? I'd like to keep the board as short as reasonably possible for the type of riding I do. I'm afraid I might not like the feel of the 160 with its extra long effective edge given the board I've been riding the past 4-5 yrs. Mainly concerned about ability to handle the deep stuff, since thats the only time I'd really need the length. Anyone else out there 200+ on 157 and have no problems in pow?

Thanks!
thehotcorner is offline   Reply With Quote