Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - TRS MTX or Riders Choice MTX
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 01:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
oneoldman

Just coming back to say that the TRS MTX is beyond amazing and that the only thing I don't like about it is that I love it too much to risk ruining it on rails so now I need a park specific board

The magnetraction makes a HUGE difference in icy and hardpack conditions, to the point where I can lay down full euro-carves on blacks that the skiers I ride with call "really icy" while still being able to hit anything that looks fun on the side of the trail. Over the course of the day that I got that board I went from being sketchy on blues to feeling confident on single blacks. Now I don't worry about doubles either.

The only real negative is that it took me a good 5 days to get my balance dialed enough to not catch an edge when riding on lumpy flats for longer distances. Now that is no longer a problem and I feel secure jumping with the board even on off camber, abused landings, with the edges fully sharpened. I find I need to wax it more often than my other board but that could be because I go A LOT faster on the TRS.