Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Japanese snow resorts

991 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  the_nev 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Im planning on going to japan for a week next year to hit the snow. What is everyone's recommendation for area and resorts?
Niseko / Hokkaido
Hakuba / Nagano
Nozawa Onsen / Nagano
Shiga Kogen / Nagano
APPI / Iwate
Myoko / Nigata

#3 ·
Man I read this as Japanese snow REPORTS, not resorts :(
Top two would be my recommendations TBH.
Looking at disappointment at the Hakuba webcams, I heard Happo-One wanted to open this weekend but it still looks pretty brown and green. Needs to stay cool and get some snow, what little drops seems to be melting during the hot day or two each week.

#7 ·
If you want powder wait till January.
In recent years late December has been the real start of the season here (Powder). Until then its usually very limited.
I have been boarding at Nozawa onsen the last three years around Christmas and its always been amazing.

Hokkaido will get more pow earlier than Nagano.

#9 ·
Niseko most likely to have best snowboarding conditions in Japan regardless of the time.

You should stay where ever suits and pay as little as possible. All depends on what you want.
Look at bookings.com / your local travel agency packages (normally states the hotels names) or look at backpackers (pensions).
See what fits with what you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.