Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Baker is open

3K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  AIRider 
#1 ·
Did anyone go up? How were the conditions? and yes I do consider Baker in Western Canada : )

#18 ·
I think La Nina is here! If you guys have not already done so, take moment and read the sticky thread in General Snowboarding Chat on tree wells. This is literally the perfect storm for very dangerous tree wells and that includes your in bounds area too.
Send some of that La Ninia down here to Tahoe! We have hardly goten anything except a couple little storms dropping a few inches.

#21 ·
Came back from Baker yesterday...

Left at 6:15 am, got there at 8:30, stopped for breaky, and gas. Border was 5 minutes. Roads were nice and cleared, did not need chains.

Morning snow was crusty as hell, it rained the day before, so it froze overnight. From 9am till 11 wasn't very good. Then we went for lunch, food was delicious and cheap. 30$ for two, burgers, chili, Gatorade, tea, chocolate... Very good.

Then after 12, it started dumping snoooow, it accumulated pretty fast, and it was probably the best 3 hours of snowboarding I've ever experienced... It was very windy tho, so chair 6 and 8 closed early, but that was okey, as chair 5 proved to be plenty entertaining!!!

Overall excellent mountain... Chairlifts are a little slow tho.

I spent 45$ gas fillup, 30 lunch for 2, 102$ lift pass for 2 = 170$

Compare that to whistler, 65$ fillup, 50 lunch, 160 lift = 275$

Saving of a 100$ easy.

Will be going again.

#23 ·
I'm going to whistler for a week in December, love that place, but it's good to change up, especially if you're getting good value for your money... I drive a tdi so mileage is not an issue, costs me 10$ in fuel either way, but it's cheaper to fill up overthere by 20$, so practically I board for 30$.

#25 ·
AIRider, Do you know what Identification did you need to get across the border?
I went a few years ago & all I needed was my license.
I've heard that isn't enough any more, did you just bring regular I.D. or did you have to bring passports?

TT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.