Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Pro-Tec feedback
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Slaughterhouse
Oh god...NO!

Protec makes pretty neat helmets but the sizing for Protec is totally inaccurate. I normally use a M/L helmet but with Protec an XS fits (even though Protecs sizing charts recommmend I use a much larger helmet). Bizarre. The liners you guys use (liners being the thin strips of fabric inside the helmet) lose their outer layer of fabric (the layer that is in contact with the skin) quite easily, though to be fair I ride pretty hard so sweat quite a bit. Which points to better ventilation. I ride in Canada and the temps can really hit some lows, but it is still very rare that I will use the internal vent covers found on some helmets. It is really bizarre to see companies like Protec manufacture helmets with zero ventilation at all. Maybe for the "park rats" that sit on the side of the park and watch everyone else hit the features? I don't want to sound mean spirited but perhaps it may help you out. My opinion is merely one of a thousand!
Slaughterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote