Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Bindings: Uprise v Phantom v Targa?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 04:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zakal

Default New Bindings: Uprise v Phantom v Targa?

Hi Guys,

Im looking to get a new set of bindings for this season, and I've narrowed it down to one of two from three brands: K2, Raiden, and Rome.

I'll be using them for 95% All Mountain. I ride a 168cm Bataleon Undisputed, and wear Size 10.5 Salomon Pledges.

I want a set of bindings that are geared toward speed, responsiveness and comfort/shock absorption, but probably favouring comfort/shock absorption slightly.

Of the K2s, I looked at the Uprises, Company and Ever. The Company seem to be more expensive than the Uprises, but without Auto and speed ratchets. The Ever's seem to be lacking a bit of padding around the highbacks, so probably skewed towards the performance. So I think the Uprises are the best choice.

Of the Raidens, I looked at the Phantoms and the Machines. Both seem very similar, but the Machines seem to be stiffer and more responsive, but Phantoms seem like they would be sightly more comfortable and shock absorbing.

Of the Romes, I got the impression from some reviews that the Rome Targa's are stiffer than the 390 Bosses which is why im leaning towards them.

Ive never ridden any of the above, my above comments are just from reading reviews and descriptions. So Im hoping for some feedback from those who have ridden one or more of the above as to which one will fit my intended use the best.

For instance:-
1. Which of the 3 is the most responsive?
2. which has the best bump absorbtion? and
3. Which is the best mix of the two?

I know its all subjective, but Im just looking for peoples impressions.

Thanks,
Zakal is offline   Reply With Quote