Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

10/11 season video

6K views 38 replies 20 participants last post by  l burke l 
#1 ·
I posted a season edit last year and you guys seemed to enjoy it. I finished this one over the summer but never remembered to post it here. With the season coming up i was browsing the forums and saw this new section. Im not sure once again if this is the correct place to put this but it seems the most fitting.

Every season we make a conscious effort to document our season. We do it mostly for ourselves to look back on when we're older. We aren't the best riders but i would say we are respectable. We didn't have a lot of money last season so we didn't go anywhere spectacular but for a couple kids from jersey we sure as hell make an effort to make it to the hill at least once a week. I hope you guys enjoy watching this as much as i did making it. Heres to a new season starting in a few weeks. Enjoy.

10/11 Season - YouTube

#10 ·
I've been wondering the same thing since I noticed this year's edit came out. I'd guess used to be a GF and it went south. Only 1 guy from last year's mix is in there. Captain Mustachio. :)

#18 ·
First and foremost, I've been digging your vids to no end.

I personally will never do a 540. I may not even do a 360. To me, snowboarding has been about friends and the vibe of the mountain. Through editing, and mainly the relationships with your friends, you've captured something magic. There are parts of it that clearly mean more because you were with friends, but the flow of it allows others to look through a window into the fun that you get to have. Not many people can edit and get such momentum. At least not many people who are posting videos on here and mainly do it for fun.

Keep up the good work. If you ever make it out to the Minnesota/South Dakota area...look me up.

#21 ·
Again thank you for the great comments. I thought you guys might like a look on vimeo. The quality is much much better and its even downloadable in the bottom right if your a member. That gives you the final draft in perfect quality. Its shocking how much youtube compresses content even when uploaded correctly. You guys might not care about that but I just thought i would throw it out there. Just having people watch it in general feels great.

http://vimeo.com/28441783

#24 ·
As someone else said, these "amateur" vids are usually a lot more interesting than the professional stuff that I'll never get anywhere near to. For people who don't have better riders to ride with and learn from, vids like these are where we get our ideas for new and more interesting ways to kill ourselves :laugh:

#30 ·
What mounting are you using for your GoPro(pole)? Mainly wondering from the 10/11 edit. I'm only a few weeks from getting one and I want to get nice long distance shots, preferably with a telescoping pole.

Thanks.

#36 ·
I've been showing your video to pretty much anyone who makes the mistake of wandering near me when there's a wifi connection.

Really enjoyed the video, the music really suits what made it into the final version.

I really appreciated (during Cracks) the slo-mo off the kicker with that little puff of snow and then going back to real time at the landing... almost perfectly snyc'd with the music.

What everyone else has said as well. Really great, fun, video.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.