Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need advice from Utah natives
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
newbie2009

Default Need advice from Utah natives

Hey everyone.

My wife and I were planning a trip to Park City. Unfortunately, the only week can go is the same week that the city is hosting some kind of festival so all the rooms are taken. Well there are some rooms available but they're going for $1000.00+/night and that just isn't in the budget for us right now.

From reading the forum I've seen people suggest this hotel Super 8 Salt Lake City Hotel and then drive or take the bus to the closer resorts.

I googled the distance from Park City to the hotel and it's about 45 minutes. I have never been to Utah period so I wouldn't mind hitting up the closer resorts but I would like to take my daughter and wife to Gorgoza park for the tubing and the kiddie park. Also, the skiing classes in Park City seems perfect for my daughter since she's only 3 soon to be 4.

So my main questions are:

1. Is there an alternative hotel to that Super8? It seems to be what I'm looking for but options doesn't hurt.
2. What are the normal road conditions around end of January? Should I rent a special vehicle or will a regular car/small SUV work?
3. Is there an alternative to Gorgoza park closer to the Super8?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated or any other advice on how I could make the most of the trip would be great.
Peace out and thanks in advance.
newbie2009 is offline   Reply With Quote